Monday, November 23, 2015

Woohoo! HLS has a MM Challenge!

Here is my entry into the BRAND-SPANKIN' Happy Little Stampers Mixed-Media Challenge:



Here is the actual challenge badge (I love HLS's badges...)


Supplies and notes:
  • As usual, I started out with an old library card that I was using for some technique practice. I found this cool tutorial (@ Bumblebees and Butterflies) on Pinterest and decided I'd play a little... so much fun! I didn't stray far from the tutorial instructions, and I encourage you all to check the page out!
  • I made the trees by cutting up a scrap page I was testing my Aged Mahogany Distress Stain on, and I splattered them with some Aged Bronze Distress Stain 
  • I used the following Distress Paints: Antique Linen, Bundled Sage, and Spiced Marmalade.
  • The purple seam binding is from my stash-- I selected it to bring out the old date stamps.
  • The brad is Recollections
  • The modeling paste is Teresa Collins
  • The pom-poms were from my stash

7 comments:

  1. What a genius idea to use the library card as your base! Wonderful design and those pom poms are fun! Awesome sauce! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same reaction that Niki had above--how darn clever to use a library card for a tag! This really is such a fun card...and I've had a look-see through your latest posts--wow! you are one creative chick! I particularly love the one with the gold embossing around the edges...teee heee! 2 great minds think alike! !!! Thank you for your comment on my blog! It made my day to see a new face! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I just bought an embossing plate with this design and was working it up MM style last night! Great minds. Unfortunately the link didn't work for me, said blocked webpage. I just love how you've used the tree cut outs here - super design! I tried to email you, but said nonreplyblogger. Boo hoo! Was going to say thanks so much for you support. My wee guy is all better and I pray we will have no more scares like that! Super stressful, but this week is looking up. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag feels both modern and aged. Modern due to the design and colors of the trees. Aged due to the tag base, paste and ink. A good looking combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool tag! Love the tassels. Such an original idea. :) Thanks for sharing the link to the tutorial you used. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers' Sketch Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag .... love the textured background and those pom poms look so cute! Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the texture going on here. Thanks for joining us at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete