Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Verve Inspiration for November!

This is my first entry into a Verve Inspiration Challenge... the theme is Rustic Winter...



...and here's the Rustic Winter inspiration image:

Supplies & notes:
  • I cut off the name of the teal wood DP... oh well, I was glad I found this scrap! I cut the paper into "boards" (hahaha), edged them with Tim Holtz's Distress Stain in Vintage, then kind of wiped it.  Then I roughly painted the edges with Mod Podge and sprinkled it with the Stampendous Frantage in Aged Gold... then cooked it over my toaster...
  • I made the star out of pine needles and floral wire. First I painted it with Frayed Burlap Distress Paint , then wiped Vintage Photo Distress Stain  onto it,  then dabbed it with Tarnished Brass stain.
  • Tim Holtz's adage tags wiped with Vintage Photo (dried, wiped, dried...)
  • The tattered banner in the background started out as boring parchment... I pretty much wiped it with Vintage Photo... then it for all crumply, so I sealed the deal by wiping the extra stain (with water) of my craft mat with it!  
  • I cut a "regular" shaped leaf into a holly-shaped leaf and dabbed it with some Aged Gold stain
  • Holly berries are Viva Paper Pearls 
  • I have a super old tiny leaf punch from my BF's first wedding (haha, best thing to come from that marriage) 
  • I sprayed the whole thing with Perfect Pearls gold mist 
Ahhh, I dabbled for a long time on this one... it definitely looks rustic to me. This challenge was inspiring. :)  

4 comments:

  1. I so love reading your descriptions - always make me laugh! My word - that star! Geeze Louise! I would have lived my entire life without knowing the purpose for pine needles, besides serving as mulch. You take things and see them in ways that curious, ingenious, and most creative, girl! WOW! This is one amazing card and my fingers and toes are crossed that you will win this challenge. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. again
    great texture
    you really gave each card or tag lovely texture Mimi
    soo creative you are
    love this one too
    I am in the office also my comment is so less so sorryyy
    but at least I want to say I love this Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting the DP into panels and adding frantage to it turns this piece of scrap into a cool background that definitely looks rustic! And even more so with the beautiful elements you added. I so love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous! Love those meaningful bits of ephemera you collaged together.

    ReplyDelete