Friday, November 13, 2015

Simon Says (W) + Addicted 2 CAS= 2-fer

Do you like my math equation? Seems legit...

It may be a stretch, but here is my card:




The inspiration came from Addicted to CAS:
...as well as Simon Says "Thinking of you"
Supplies & notes:

  • Core'dinations cardstock 
  • A HERO Arts stencil (yep... that's how I interpreted the codeword initially...) with some Texture-luxe gold paste
  • Old K & Company poppy die-cut. I want to note that poppies are generally used as a symbol during Memorial Day, not Veterans Day, but Veterans Day kind of blankets Memorial Day in my mind,  as it honors ALL those HEROES who are our who have ever been in the armed services. So I was thinking about poppies.
  • Encyclopedia paper painted with excess gold paste, then punched with a Fiskars heart punch. I scribbled the sentiment with a brown Prismacolor pen. Oh, I also added a little "ribbon" of gold encyclopedia paper... I just can't waste these glorious scraps!
Pretty simple, but I'm not ashamed... it's cute, I think!   C'mon, who doesn't like poppies and gold and Hero stencils??? (And if you've ever looked at my stuff, you know this is about as CAS as I get! I'm pretty MAC: Messy and Complex!)

Enjoy, people! Happy Friday!!!



5 comments:

  1. A wonderful take on our hero challenge and
    Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATCAS challenge.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the uneven shaped gold circles, it adds texture in a beautiful and interesting way to this lovely CAS design. I see I could be more creative using my stencils, I'm feeling like quite the newbie using stencils and inks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great take on the HERO challenge. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tha flowers look great, but the card with the rounds is stunning! Thank you for joining at ATCAS! Gerrina GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Mimi! It's so sweet and pretty.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete