Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Inkspired with silver...

This is my simple project for this fortnight's challenge for Inkspirational (the 95th) :


Here's their challenge graphic:


I want to share that the holly leaf is truly sterling silver... I bought an old candle holder that was broken at an antique store a hundred years ago, and instead of fixing it,  I dismantled it!  So here is a very special,  very heavy, tag!  Of course the base is a library catalog card,  and I smooshed-dried-smooshed-dried some Tim Holtz Distress stain in Vintage Photo.  Then I painted Mod Podge at the edges and coated with Stampendous Frantage in Aged Silver,  then cooked it over the toaster. It cooked even better than I expected!  The green ribbon is old (like,  from grandma's sewing box) seam binding, and the striped ribbon is relatively new.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the aged look to this tag...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! How cool is this! The glittered edge is scraptastic! And you and I are certainly kindred spirits if you are dismantling home decor for art projects! I had a gorgeous little crystal trinket box that my husband knocked off the dresser, so I repurposed the silver bee topper and am going to use the silver lid to make a Christmas ornament. Great minds, my dear! I really love the simplicity of the library tag's text and that hole, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Mimi
    this is stunning
    love the texture you created on your TAG
    amazing job Mimi
    can we always visiting each other sweety
    I like your work too
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great idea to use old pieces and put to use elements from broken items! Love how this one turned out, the holly leaves being the star of the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool tag, perfect for Christmas! Thanks for joining us at Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to re-use things :)
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges for our "Anything Goes with Silver" challenge. Hope to see you again :)
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete