This week at Shopping Our Stash, Alica is our hostess and she has chosen the theme: It's Raining Cats and Dogs! You can go any direction with this from cats, to dogs, to rain! Or all of the above!
I was shocked to discover that I really don't have a ton of cat, dog, or rain stash... so I struggled... until I thought, "Hmmm... I think the Christmas Grumplings might have a cat or dog..." And YES!
I love the Grumplings. The sentiment stamps that come with them are hysterical as well, but I wanted a sentiment as a humorous focal, so I added a favorite winter quote! I'll just have this card ready for when my winter grumpiness sets in. (Not a fan of the cold...)
- Taylored Expression Grumpling (set from a few years ago) inked with Ranger Archival in Jet Black on a scrap of 110# cardstock; colored with Spectrum Noir and Prismacolor markers. Cheeks "blushed" with Jane Davenport cream pastels
- Sentiment panel was a scrap of Strathmore watercolor paper and written with Distress Crayon in Black Soot scribbled on my mat and brushed with water and a small sturdy brush. Edges of panel inked with DI in Stormy Sky.
- Background paper is Bo Bunny from 2013, given to me recently by a coworker. Edges distressed with a Making Memories distressing tool (in my opinion, the best on the market) and inked with DI in Stormy Sky as well.
- Garland dies by Elizabeth Craft Designs and cut from a scrap of glittery paper. (I actually cut these a couple weeks ago.) These were adhered with matte Distress Collage Medium.
- The black cardstock in the back was also scrap. I was amazed to find it because I never have a piece of black that is this big!
Hope to see your creations at Shopping Our Stash this week!