...and here is her tag:
The tag gave me a sweater-like feel, so I made my background look like a sweater also by using a Martha Stewart stencil that kind of looks like heavy stitches to me. Of course I love the gold glitter of Linda's tag, so I incorporated some of that. Finally I took cues from the reindeer's collar and added greenery, red ribbon, & a bell.
- I used a Martha Stewart stencil with Teresa Collins modeling paste for the background. I then rubbed some Walnut Stain Distress Paint with my fingers over the top of the stenciling, and once that dried, I added some Vintage Photo Distress Stain, with a couple iterations of spray, dry, spray, dry...
- I pasted Mod Podge here and there over the tag with my finger and added some Distress glitter in Antique Linen
- Edged the hand-cut sentiment banners (scraps with Vintage Photo on them) with Color Box chalk in Creamy Brown. "Happy Holidays" was written with my Zig Emboss Writer and embossed with Stampendous EP in Green Tinsel.
- The leafy flourishes are the punch-outs from an old K & Company page meant for a shadowbox... now I'm using the page as a stencil, and these guys were the by-product... dabbed the backsides with Peeled Paint Distress Stain
- Berries are Stickles in Xmas Red
- Ribbon and bell from my stash. Brads are Recollections