...and here is her tag:
The tag gave me a sweater-like feel, so I made my background look like a sweater also by using a Martha Stewart stencil that kind of looks like heavy stitches to me. Of course I love the gold glitter of Linda's tag, so I incorporated some of that. Finally I took cues from the reindeer's collar and added greenery, red ribbon, & a bell.
- I used a Martha Stewart stencil with Teresa Collins modeling paste for the background. I then rubbed some Walnut Stain Distress Paint with my fingers over the top of the stenciling, and once that dried, I added some Vintage Photo Distress Stain, with a couple iterations of spray, dry, spray, dry...
- I pasted Mod Podge here and there over the tag with my finger and added some Distress glitter in Antique Linen
- Edged the hand-cut sentiment banners (scraps with Vintage Photo on them) with Color Box chalk in Creamy Brown. "Happy Holidays" was written with my Zig Emboss Writer and embossed with Stampendous EP in Green Tinsel.
- The leafy flourishes are the punch-outs from an old K & Company page meant for a shadowbox... now I'm using the page as a stencil, and these guys were the by-product... dabbed the backsides with Peeled Paint Distress Stain
- Berries are Stickles in Xmas Red
- Ribbon and bell from my stash. Brads are Recollections
I really like the pattern of the background, so decorative and looking great with the green swirl...ReplyDelete
i am IN LOOOOOOOOOVE with that background!!! yowza!!! & the flourishes! & the little jingle bell!!! & especially (my favorite favorite part!) the way you attached the 2 sentiment flags from opposite ends! BRILLIANT & dynamic... totally keeps the eye moving... ♥♥♥ReplyDelete
Beautiful background with lots of nice bling and fabulous colors! Love the leaf flourish too! Don't forget to include a link to my shop so you can be eligible for the prize drawings and the coupon! Thanks so much for playing along.ReplyDelete
Love this, and very clever how you've created the "sweater" background! Thanks for visiting my blog as well! xx LynnReplyDelete