...inspired by Sketch Saturday #386:
Supplies & notes:
- Whoa, what an accidental art project we got here...
- This stared out as a scratch library card I had handy to even out some Distress Paint on a dauber. I tap-tap-tapped... Fast-forward a few hours and I was cleaning some Liquid Leaf off of a brush... Fast-forward another hour and I was sealing an old book page with Mod Podge and used this scrap to practice my technique (this time I smoothed the Mod Podge with an old hotel keycard... Try it, it works pretty well)
- So then today I kept looking at this lovely "scratch paper" and just kept seeing little lanterns. I was sitting at the table as my daughter was reading and I grabbed a fine-tipped Sharpie and sketched what I'd been envisioning! (Zoom in if you need to... I think this turned out pretty cool for being an accident!)
- I was going to leave it as a little bookmark, but I couldn't find the gold tassel I thought I had. The Sketch Saturday challenge fit the bill. I'll send this to my sis. She loves anything of the Orient.
- Also, maybe I'll add some sort of bling along the lower left edge of the "scratch paper"...