Saturday, November 28, 2015

Simon Says... do whatcha want

(Or "whatcha whatcha whatcha want???" for you BB fans from way back...)

I'm making up for lost crafting time!  And still trying to burn through supplies I have... cuz you know I'm going to be doing some craft-shopping for myself...

Here's my Anything Goes for Simon Says Wednesday:



Supplies:
  • I used a rejected feather card.  I created the feathers probably a month ago (Frantage over Teresa Collins modeling paste through a Balzer stencil), and in my haste to melt the frantage, I toasted the card.  
  • Fast-forward to today.  I was sifting through the many,  many scraps and saw it.  Damn, it looks cool. So I decided I'd resurrect it.  Because the card itself was literally toasted a nice golden-brown, I went with the aged look and dabbed some Distress inkpad Frayed Burlap ink on it.  Then I edged the card with some Antiqued Bronze Distress Stain.  
  • The "Fantastic" is a Recollections stamp stamped with a combination of Color Box Archival in Glacier Lake (double-tapped) and dabbed with the Antiqued Bronze Distress Stain. 
  • Added sequins and boom!: resurrection! 

3 comments:

  1. hello Mimi! sweet card, luv the sentiment..so fun! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! And you have been making up for lost crafting time! Can you come over and get my butt moving????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we do have such similar tastes in products! Love this feather and so badly want to get some of this EP! It's fab! The sentiment is the coolest! Great card!

    ReplyDelete