Sunday, November 1, 2015

Share Joy, my first!

This is my first entry into a Share Joy Challenge. I've been following it for weeks,  but I've also been so busy that I've hardly been able to hit my "normal" challenges... but I'm happy to have made a few cards this week to enter to a few... I've had limited time,  so that's when I need to craft the most to keep my sanity!

Here's my card:



It was inspired by this Share Joy sketch and palette:


Supplies & notes:

  • Let me first say I made this card for a friend to send to one of her two daughters,  who are both away at colleges. This friend sends cards often... this is a cute fall-ish card that I figure she'll be able to send prior to Thanksgiving.
  • The sentiment is generic... "Just a note"... but perfect for a mom to write "Miss ya, behave..."
  • True Hemp metallic cord 
  • Stickles in Ice
  • Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Seedless Preserves, Spiced Marmalade, and Walnut Stain daubed through Martha Stewart stencils
  • My great-grandma's old sheet music (...and the background in my grandma's [her daughter] music workbook from high school in the 1940s)

1 comment:

  1. The colors look great against the music notes paper and it's beautiful with the sparkly detailing.

    ReplyDelete