Thursday, November 5, 2015

Color Throwdown #367

Hello!  I miss crafting... I'm going through withdrawals. I put this together last night,  and it's not exactly my style,  but I like it.  The background was fun-- I'll describe it below.

Here it is:


And here is the inspiration picture and palette:


Supplies & notes:

  • The card started out as kraft,  and I ran a Tim Holtz Distress Paint dauber in Picket Fence across it,  dried it, then added Tim Holtz Distress ink in Vintage Photo plus Tarnished Brass to look like the wood shutters... added the stains through a cool Martha Stewart stencil 
  • The green plate is a library catalog card,  and I painted it with Tim's Distress Paint in Bundled Sage using a Tutterow tutorial, employing my husband's toothbrush  (J/K) to spot the paint around.  Then I added Vintage Photo Distress Stain over top,  and rubbed with a wipe.  The sentiment is by Stamp Simply.
  • The morning glories were cut out of an old flower guide from 1950. I cut them out and popped them up on dimensional, and inked the edges with Tarnished Brass. 
  • The ribbon is Martha Stewart 
Sigh... I wanted to add different trims to the right of the catalog card,  but nothing looked right,  so I left 'er blank.  Looking at the picture compared with my card... this one's a little dull.  Ahh, the way it is...

I'm entering this into The Color Throwdown!

4 comments:

  1. This is so soft and romantic, really beautiful, and you did a great job with that background.
    About my dry and heat embossed backgrounds. I do cover the dry embossed paper with an embossing ink pad, I just dab gently, add powder and use a thin brush to remove some of the powder if I feel there's too much. Easypeasy really:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and lovely use of the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colors and floral image. Love morning glories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty! I love the background you created! Thanks SO much for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete