It resulted in this card:
(...hard to see the grey dots in the first pic...
...so I bring you picture #2, which shows the dots and also shows the rusty-color from the palette...
...and now this one because it's so sexy!)
Here's that palette:
Supplies and notes:
- Started out with a library catalog card, of course, and ran Tim Holtz's Distress Stain in Beach Glass and Antique Bronze, then I sprayed and splattered with a little water...
- Then I used Tim's Distress Paint in Weathered Wood through a Martha Stewart stencil... as I was going through the process I thought, ya know, maybe shoulda used paint first and stain second... oh well. Turned out fine.
- Polka-dotted another catalog card for another layer
- Added a little Heidi Swapp "bonjour"
- Sprayed with the gold Perfect Pearl mist