Sunday, November 1, 2015

Color Throwdown #366

I just threw this together this evening with satisfactory results... I love this week's color combo at The Color Throwdown

It resulted in this card:

(...hard to see the grey dots in the first pic...
...so I bring you picture #2, which shows the dots and also shows the rusty-color from the palette...
...and now this one because it's so sexy!)

Here's that palette:


Supplies and notes:
  • Started out with a library catalog card,  of course, and ran Tim Holtz's Distress Stain in Beach Glass and Antique Bronze, then I sprayed and splattered with a little water...
  • Then I used Tim's Distress Paint in Weathered Wood through a Martha Stewart stencil... as I was going through the process I thought,  ya know,  maybe shoulda used paint first and stain second... oh well. Turned out fine.
  • Polka-dotted another catalog card for another layer
  • Added a little Heidi Swapp "bonjour"
  • Sprayed with the gold Perfect Pearl mist

2 comments:

  1. Very nice design... thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you created the background layers and the white sentiment diecut is the perfect detail....awesome design!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!!

    ReplyDelete