This week at Shopping Our Stash
, our hostess Donna would like us to stamp with something other
than a stamp! You can use traditional stamps as well, but let's see what you can do with a non-stamp
as a stamp!
Here is my little collection:
This is a picture of what I used:
I participated back in April of 2016 the last time SOS encouraged us to stamp with something other than a stamp... HERE
is my post.
- Library card bases
- I used a piece of foam packaging (I seem to always hoard these little bits) and dipped it into Peeled Paint and Broken China Distress Paint (both bottles are over two years old).
- The women were all cut from a crocheting magazine from 1965 and pasted on with matte Mod Podge. A coworker's grandmother recently passed away, and my coworker brought boxes of crocheting and knitting books, magazines, and catalogs into the staff room for people to take. Well, I was polite and stayed out of the boxes for a long time in order to make sure any legitimate crocheters could get to it... but after a couple months, many old magazines were left... and I swooped upon them! I do want to learn how to crochet better in the future, but in the meantime, I will use some of these awesome images!
- I used my sewing machine to stitch the edges.
- Tim Holtz's Plus stencil used with Teresa Collins modeling paste.
- All three cards were edged with DI in Pumice Stone.
- Sentiments from my little box of clippings from old books
That's it! Please join us with a project of your choice (ATCs, tags, cards, scrapbook pages, etc....) using your stashed items and stamp with a non-stamp! See you at SOS