Sunday, November 8, 2015

HLS: CAS in November

Woohoo! This will be 2 out of 3 of the HLS monthly challenges! (I just entered the November Xmas challenge WITH THIS GUY)

Here's my special little card:



...inspired by this Happy Little Stampers challenge:

Supplies:

  • Core'dinations cardstock; corners cut with a Fiskars punch
  • Some pom-pom thread I picked up a hundred years ago at Michael's on clearance... it was one of those magical purchases where I was like,  "What??? How is this on sale???" Buy, buy, buy... mine, all mine...
  • The bird is also from Michael's. It is a wood laser-cut, and I gilded it with Liquid Leaf in classic gold, then popped it up with dimensional tape
  • I wrote the sentiment with a Zig Emboss Writer and used Stamp-n Stuff embossing powder in Green Tinsel

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic CAS design Mimi! LOVE your gilded bird! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wooden bird is an eyecatching decorative piece on this CAS design. A card perfect for postage. Something I often forget to plan for...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your gilded bird! So beautiful on that crisp, white background! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete