Sunday, November 8, 2015

Colour Me... Monochromatic!

This week's CM challenge is Colour Me Monochromatic! ...with an emphasis on neutrals. This is what I came up with:



Here is the beautiful inspiration picture:

(I just LOVE wood. Milled wood, firewood, trees, tree stumps... sigh. No really. I really do.  I was a forester a hundred years ago, and my hubs is a forester with a logging problem...)

Supplies:
  • I used a Tim Holtz stripes stencil and brushed some of his Distress Stain in Brushed Pewter over it
  • Then I used a Martha Stewart stencil of a squirrel and dragged a dauber of Tim Holtz's Frayed Burlap Distress Paint over it, which actually yeilded a cool wood-grain effect.
  • I wrote the sentiment using a Zig emboss writer with Custer's Last Stamp embossing powder in silver 
  • I plan to give this to a coworker who helps me out often... perfect for a quick note of appreciation. 

2 comments:

  1. CAS perfection! Love that darling, little squirrel! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wooden look you've given the squirrel! A fantastic CAS one layer design in neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete