And remember: at SOS, your creation can pretty much be anything that you hand-craft! (But if you hand-craft some coffee-flavored liquer, you'll have to send a sample to me!) Also, the whole idea behind "shopping your stash" is to go through the items you already have on hand... yes: we all love new craft supplies...some of us might even be addicted to collecting (nervous laughter...), but it feels so satisfying to use the oldies-but-goodies, or items you had to have but have never or hardly used! It's my fave thing...
Check it out: my first official creation as a Shopping Our Stash DT member!
|This just shows the cute seam binding...|
|I added this image just to show where I pulled the purple from...|
see the old date stamps? Were you drinking coffee in 1994?
Supplies and notes:
- Library due date card base with monoprint of a Heidi Swapp stencil with Pumice Stone Distress Spray from a couple months ago
- The gal with her mug/cup is from my stash of "I'm cutting this out and stashing it"... it's either from a '60s era Childcraft or a '60s era handyman guide from my friend Meg
- The black liquid pearls are from Viva
- The grey pom-poms are from years ago... I got them in a BasicGrey or CratePaper pack for lots more money than I should have spent... you've all been there...
- The fab seam binding started out as a partially-used pack of white rayon seambinding from a thrift store. I dyed it with Adinondack alochol ink in Purple Twilight, then I added some blending solution to "spread the purple haze..." I placed some behind the pom-poms, and made my hanger with it. Super cool, huh!?
- The sentiment was also from my stash-- I had typed this quote months ago (over a year?), and knew it was in my stash. I based this project on it. It was originally typed with my old typewriter onto the back of an old catalog card, then dragged through some watery Black Soot Distress Ink, and ultimately outlined with a Sharpie.
- The flower was in my dish of "planned to use but didn't" embellishments. I made it probably 7 weeks ago using Tim's Tattered Florals dies and an old Nancy Drew book (pages were missing, promise), then sprayed with Dylusions in Crushed Grape
Can't wait to see what goodies everyone found in their stashes for this challenge!