Saturday, June 25, 2016

Vitamin Sea

I started this months ago... last week during a cleaning spree, I had a bunch of unfinished projects that I decided I either needed to finish or toss... that is motivating!


Had to show this piece with the latest addition to the shack...

This image shows the awesome dimension of the Pebeo liner.  

This image shows the glorious contrast of textures: matte, glossy, and rough.

Supplies and notes:

  • This started out as a piece of packing chipboard, and I built a box "canvas" and gesso'd it
  • Next it was inked loosely with Broken China Distress Stain
  • Then I added some Ranger Glossy Transparent Texture Paste through a Heidi Swapp stencil
  • Pebeo Dimensional Outline in Lead for the quote, which I found on Pinterest
  • Pearls from Want 2 Scrap
  • The sand is from Pebeo also
I made this for my oldest daughter, who is one of those beach-people... she loves everything associated with the ocean.


I plan to share this at the following challenges:



5 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful CANVAS Mimi
    I see many texture there and I adore the color
    I never made Canvas Mimi
    amazing project you did my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you use cardboard to make a canvas--so clever! Your inky background is lovely and the lettering is gorgeous! Well done! Your daughter is going to love this! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous piece. Thanks for joining the Stencil Sunday Mixed Media Challenge this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodnes... I never thought of creating my own box canvas out of recyled cardboard!? What a WIN WIN concept! And your project is stunning... I love Pebeo liners - I have them in several colors, but I never thought to use them in this way... your project and post just resonate with me on so many levels! THANK YOU for joining us over at STAMPlorations for the June Mixed Media Challenge and I hope to see more of you work in the months to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love this. Thanks for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge xx

    ReplyDelete