Tuesday, June 28, 2016

How does your garden grow?

This week at Shopping Our Stash, our host and fearless leader Alicia had selected the theme of  How does your garden grow?: Use anything that can be found in a garden... 

...so I used what I found in my stash!

Okay, this girl is adorable, but I just want to
clarify that that is in fact ribbon and
 not an old bra-strap binding the card! LOL!


Here's my second card:

OMG, how cute is she? I know this is pretty simple, but looking at this IRL, I just smiled and smiled!


Okay, let's see some projects, people!  Just think of the possibilities! Flowers, insects, fruits, veggies, a garden scene... I'm positive you all have some garden-related elements in your stashes!  Use 'em and join us this week!

As I embarked on my own stash-shopping trip, I considered making seed-packet holders, a decorated pot... even fairy-garden stuff! (You can pretty much do anything crafty with what you have on-hand... that's exactly what this challenge group is all about!)

Supplies and notes:
  • The stickers (jars, farm girls, flowers, labels) are from an October Afternoon 12x12 from 2012
  • The DP came from the same line... I think...
  • The banner on the first card was made from a scrap of Crate Paper that's always been "country" to me, though I don't think I bought it at the same time. 
  • The ribbon and button are both from my stash
  • I added Glossy Accents to the produce on the first card and to the jar on the second
  • I used all Viva pearls... these are my absolute fave liquid pearls. 
Have fun using your stash with us at SOS!

10 comments:

  1. Great job! This feels so festive!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh these are just WAYYYYYY TOOOOOO CUUUTE! brilliant, miss mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are absolutely fabulous! What a fantastic take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! These are both adorable!!! I love how you used up some stickers! Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect pair of gardening-themed cards! I love the images, and background panels of vegetables and fruits, along with those old jar labels I used to use! The banner on the 1st card is really cute too! Well done on both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so very cute little girl Mimi
    and I love your Jar too
    looks so real with that glossy accent(?)
    Mimi hope I can managed that post from you
    I am still alone my hubby is traveling if he come I will discus with him
    Mimi many thanks once more..now I do catch up..
    hope you have time to read my comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your garden cute card Mimi...
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute, love the little girl she is sweet. Awesome job with the glossy accents too. and the banner is fab. on card #1.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh!! this is beyond adorable, this little girl images are to cute for words.
    Love both cards, the papers and all this sweet stickers.....so glad you found this in your stash Mimi, just awesome.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHH-DOOR-able! Love how you used the glossy accents on the fruits and jar! These are real stunners! They do remind me of a simpler time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete