Friday, June 17, 2016

Yellow

I have always liked yellow + black.  It just looks right.




I busted this out after the card base had a play-date with Snapping Monsters' (my home girl Andrea's) new stamp set.  The stamps used here are just the tip of the iceberg of the stamps in this set!  Go to her blog, then click on her Etsy store link to the left... hopefully there are a few sets left.

Supplies and notes:
  • Catalog card base stamped with Snapping Monsters  stamps using Ranger Archival in Jet Black
  • The yellow color yielded from Scattered Straw and Honey DIs 
  • The gal is from an old calendar I saved.  This was one of the tiny preview images from the back.  I gave her a little coat of Distress Crazing Medium
  • Various ric-racs from my stash because... why not? It's ric-rac!
I made this with the Cupcake Inspiration  Challenge in mind, but just was picturing the color of the sunflowers... no green here.  Maybe they'll put me in the corner! Anyway, I'll share over there,  but I don't need the digis anyhow... I play in the interest of art!

5 comments:

  1. Love your use of clipped images in projects. Great take on the inspiration. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lady as your main image is adorable Mimi
    great use the color combo
    sweet project dear Mimi
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay!!! What a treat to see my stamps in the hands of once talented chicka! Of course I'm biased, but the dots are a highlight here! I love how you went with the distressed version. I noticed they look more or less "distressy" depending on what ink I used with them. This is a super cool version and I so appreciate you giving a shout out to my little corner of the Etsy universe! I thought the diagonal arrangement you achieved with the dots was perfect, too. Very cool piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a fabulous tag, Mimi, filled with a very artsy collection of images! The yellow and black: yes, they are 'right' together and your tag certainly fits in with the Cupcake inspiration image. I went over to Andrea's to scope out her stamp set: ultra cool! I'll be watching for more of your showcases...she just may wind up with another customer *grin*!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is so awesome!!! I especially LOVE the background!!! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete