Sunday, June 12, 2016

Summer Garden

Did this during play time today:


Today was actually the first day in a long time I was able to just sit in the craft shack and chill... no rushing to make baby cards or retirement cards or graduation cards or birthday cards... I just got to play! Sooo therapeutic!  Especially after the horrible news from FL today. :(

I'll share this at Simon Says Stamp on Monday for their Summer Garden challenge.

The base is an old Childcraft book cover, lazily coated with Liquitex gesso. The page is from the old Nancy Drew I've been using. I stamped my stamp (it's my fave Modest Mouse quote... it's what everybody wants to hear) into black Ranger Archival, then scribbled some flowers with Distress Crayons. After that,  I dipped my finger in water and smeared the crayon a bit, then added some Broken China Distress Stain to my mat with some water and dabbed the page into it... also did the same with some Spiced Marmalade just for some more color.

Super cool, huh?


8 comments:

  1. LOve the background with the old book! Beautiful flowers , great work! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic background! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried the crayons yet but perhaps you're the first to illustrate a finger painting technique :) It's a real sweet project for a particularly soulful Sunday. Aren't we fortunate to be able to comfort ourselves with craft? (I don't know what I'd do without it.) Wishing you lots more days for "just play."

    ReplyDelete
  4. super DUPER cool!!! beautiful, in fact! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, these scribbled flowers rock! And the cool gessoed background is such a great one. Great sentiment, and so true - don't we all want to hear that! <3 So glad you got some "Mimi" creating time. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE it! I wish you have more those days to just sit and chill with crafting. No reason, no occassion, just you and crafting stash. I really love that project. Hugs, Marzena :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooow Mimi
    if this is not a winner of mixed media challenge
    it is my winner
    the color of the flowers and the text mix so great Mimi
    you are great at mix and match something me not
    I straight with Stamp color and paper and a bit die cutting haha
    happy weekend Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Such a cool idea for a book cover! Guaranteed you just amped up the awesome factor on this cover by about a million percent. I love that combo with the text and gorgeous flowers. Isn't it fantastic to just craft whatever you feel like and have it turn out perfectly wonderful? You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete