And remember: at SOS, your creation can pretty much be anything that you hand-craft! (But if you hand-craft some coffee-flavored liquer, you'll have to send a sample to me!) Also, the whole idea behind "shopping your stash" is to go through the items you already have on hand... yes: we all love new craft supplies...some of us might even be addicted to collecting (nervous laughter...), but it feels so satisfying to use the oldies-but-goodies, or items you had to have but have never or hardly used! It's my fave thing...
Check it out: my first official creation as a Shopping Our Stash DT member!
|This just shows the cute seam binding...|
|I added this image just to show where I pulled the purple from...|
see the old date stamps? Were you drinking coffee in 1994?
Supplies and notes:
- Library due date card base with monoprint of a Heidi Swapp stencil with Pumice Stone Distress Spray from a couple months ago
- The gal with her mug/cup is from my stash of "I'm cutting this out and stashing it"... it's either from a '60s era Childcraft or a '60s era handyman guide from my friend Meg
- The black liquid pearls are from Viva
- The grey pom-poms are from years ago... I got them in a BasicGrey or CratePaper pack for lots more money than I should have spent... you've all been there...
- The fab seam binding started out as a partially-used pack of white rayon seambinding from a thrift store. I dyed it with Adinondack alochol ink in Purple Twilight, then I added some blending solution to "spread the purple haze..." I placed some behind the pom-poms, and made my hanger with it. Super cool, huh!?
- The sentiment was also from my stash-- I had typed this quote months ago (over a year?), and knew it was in my stash. I based this project on it. It was originally typed with my old typewriter onto the back of an old catalog card, then dragged through some watery Black Soot Distress Ink, and ultimately outlined with a Sharpie.
- The flower was in my dish of "planned to use but didn't" embellishments. I made it probably 7 weeks ago using Tim's Tattered Florals dies and an old Nancy Drew book (pages were missing, promise), then sprayed with Dylusions in Crushed Grape
Can't wait to see what goodies everyone found in their stashes for this challenge!
Wow what a cute project. Now I might "think" I have a sentiment to base project on but wouldn't start it until said sentiment was found lol. awesome job.ReplyDelete
This is fantastic! Such a wonderful first project for your SOS DT gig! I love it!ReplyDelete
Congrats on your DT!! :) Your project is very clever!! Love the background and your added ribbon and pom pom!! Super fun!! HUGSReplyDelete
ah she is an adorable lady ImageReplyDelete
and I love the colors you have choosen
the background is lovely with that colors
and I have seen stamp (remind me in my office as accountant we have to stamp also the invoice if it comes today and if someone protest why my invoice not paid? because it just come hehe)
adorable Tag you made
and congrats once more for DT yaay for you sweety
I will try to join if I have enough time my dear
Congrats on your first post as SOS DT! You're great at shopping your stash and using recycled items, so this sounds perfect for you. And what a great retro inspired Mimi creation! Love it, fab image and sentiment.ReplyDelete
What a fun tag!! I love the vintage feel and the hints of purple!!ReplyDelete
Was I drinking coffee in 1994???! Yeah! I started my addition early! Congratulations on your gig at Shopping Our stash--perfect for you and you, perfect for them! I love that you used an old library card--were you a librarian by any chance? I adore your coffee drinking goddess and the diamonds, the black Liquid Pearls, the seambinding turned purple--what a genius idea to use alcohol inks! Oh, and that FLOWER--gorgeous! I'd say you shopped your stash!ReplyDelete
I didn't know Autumn used paper stencils from die cuts, too! but it doesn't surprise me! She, you and I seem to be frugal and wise crafters! I bought some stuff to make my own, but have never gone to the bother! I can get many uses out of a paper one, and the more I use it, the grungier it gets! Yum! Big hugs!
Congrats on your first post on a new DT. Lots of fun challenges!ReplyDelete
I'm so thrilled for you! Can't wait to check out the main post! This is such a fabulous way to debut your quirky style. WHAT a killer quote!!! I can so relate, sadly. Ha ha! Love seeing you use up some of your favorite items. <3 Hugs, AutumnReplyDelete
So great to have you on the team, Mimi! Love your design!ReplyDelete
Shopping Our Stash
rockin' the DT already right here miss mimi! love this! so glad we're on the same team!!! ♥ReplyDelete
These devices, or gadgets as they are sometimes called, are created as inventions to make life easier and more convenient for average people, and it is very common for everyday life that such tools would be used. To learn more about plasma cutters under $1000, visit on hyperlinked site.ReplyDelete