Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Stamps and Stencils: Floral Frenzy

I plan to enter this into the current Stamps & Stencils challenge, which is Floral Frenzy:




This turned out so much darker and more autumnal than I originally envisioned as I set out, but this is where the colors lead me!

Supplies and notes:
  • The scrap of paper was either from my stash or from Andrea. I think it started life as an 8x8", but it was 4x8" when I began this large tag
  • The edges of the paper were inked with the following DIs: Aged Mahogany and Black Soot.  That's when this turned the corner from neutral to dark.
  • I then used a Heidi Swapp stencil with some of my older paste mediums: Ranger Transparent Gloss and Faber Castelle TextureLuxe in Gold.  Use it or lose it, right?
  • The flowers were all made months ago with Tim's Tattered Florals dies. The dark flower reminds me of the dahlias I have-- I'd take a pic, but they haven't quite flowered yet... soon...
  •  The yarn hails from Tuesday Morning 
  • The canvas greenery and pinecone come from a holiday set by Hand Made Modern found at Target.  I realize this is seasonal to many people, but not me... here in the Sierra, pinecones are definitely a familiar (and beloved) part of the landscape
  • The flourish-y stamps are by Fiskars, inked in Archival and stamped under the embossing pastes
Cheers!


7 comments:

  1. I like the way you made the background on this tag
    cool
    and the flowers so beautiful on that tag Mimi
    how are you sweety :)
    big hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the artsy look to this! That background is fantastic in color and yummy texture and your flowers are stunning! Just the perfect touch of stamping, too! Gorgeous! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful work - gorgeous use of colour and texture and those flowers are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils this month. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet girl, this thrills me to no end! I love seeing your CAS self break out into mixed media grungyness! ;0 What a fantastic tag, I adore the triangles - you know me - and the fantastic colorful design/flowers! So amazing!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did another thorough inspection and the flourish stamp is def a fav detail. And the "autumnal" palette must be what draws me in, but I didn't see it that way initially. Just an earthy/geometric mashup that I am swooning for! PS. thanks for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. We are lucky to have you join us. <3

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous make! Love your rich textures and yummy colors! Your flowers are stunning! Thank you for sharing with us at Stamps and Stencils! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous texture, wonderful jewel toned colour palette - stunning tag! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete