Monday, June 27, 2016

Simon Says Monday... went for gold...

Okay, I entered Simon Says Monday with THIS TAG, but I saw a post by Emma where she produced a "blackout" of bingo on the tic-tac-toe board and it was so cool, and I thought, "I'm going for it!" And here it is:




Here's that tic-tac-toe board:


Supplies and notes:

  • Like the first tag, I used a scrap of CARDBOARD in my stash.  I had used it earlier today for some gesso, and when I was done using the gesso I painted the tag.  
  • This afternoon, when I decided to go for the "blackout," I grabbed some Distress Crayons. First I scribbled with the Picked Raspberry and finger-painted it with water then heat-dried it.  Then I grabbed the Mermaid Lagoon (BLUE) and scribbled, then wiped with no water.  Delish.  All of the ribs of corrugation shone through.  Then I SPRAYED it with water and let it sit for a second then dabbed it up.  
  • Next, a Fiskars STAMP was inked with Archival and pressed in a few places
  • WASHI from Target was added to a couple places, and hearts were DOODLED on it with a Sharpie
  • I made the shabby trim with a scrap of Tim's Eclectic Elements fabric snipped with pinking shears. It was colored by swiping it through some Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers Distress Crayons and water.  (This was an experiment and it worked fine.  I almost wonder if it will be better than using DIs for this purpose in the future because of the oil element in the crayons...)
  • For the STENCIL element, a Heidi Swapp stencil was SPRAYED with Dylusions in Fresh Lime, then monoprinted in the opposite corner
  • I added GOLD SEQUIN trim to Tim's bow.  I grabbed a few loose sequins and attached them with Glossy Accents.
  • To top this off, I added a Melody Ross acetate pic... this is going to my hairdresser and friend.  She will love it.

3 comments:

  1. the lady is so sweet on your TAG Mimi
    love her color of her hair and her dress
    so cool on your adorable colored background
    sweet little Tag my friend
    jump again to your next card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tag. The image is so sweet, she look amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faabulous card, and a great way to use all the items on the tic tac toe board! Love the corrugate background--I need to give that a try! Great image--so sassy! Your friend is going to love this! I also like how you photographed your card on the board, held in place with nails. If you've done this before, I never noticed it, but certainly going to borrow that idea! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete