Tuesday, December 12, 2017

SOS: Let's play tag!

Oh my goodness, people.  We are in the middle of December.

But that's cool, because we are in the thick of crafting heaven-- no shortage of reasons to craft!  Over at Shopping Our Stash, or hostess, Chris, is saying, "Let's play tag!" She is encouraging the folks of the online craft community to create a tag!  Whether you make a stand-alone tag or place a tag on a larger project, the choice is yours!  So get into your stashiest-stash items and come play tag with us!

Here's my tag:



Supplies:
  • Library card base associated with a Christmas book (bonus points!).  I just snipped the corners with scissors and dipped it once in Antique Linen DOx, which is the newest thing on this tag.
  • The wreath was made last year or the year before from a wood piece coated with Tim Holtz's Distress Crackle Paste in Picket Fence.  (I wish they still sold that stuff.)
  • The wreath was then inked with Peeled Paint Distress Stain (very stashy-- seldom use my stains... and even here, it was used on this project at least a year ago...)
  • The Stickles used for the berries on the wreath is now gone.  It was my first Stickles ever, called Xmas Red. I really need to replace it.
  • The birds were from an SEI packet from at least 5 years ago called Winter Song.  
  • Baker's twine from my jar of ribbon snippets.  
  • The wooden "cheer" was from Michael's last year or the year before.  I added Aleene's Snow paste, purchase a few years ago, to the tops of the wreath and the word.
I do love the look of this.  It pretty much all came from my Christmas box, in a small abused plastic baggie!

Come play tag with us at SOS!  For inspiration, drop by my teammates' blogs!  

5 comments:

  1. Awesome tag, so many elements beautifully done. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yummy! I'm such a fan of red birds and love these with the beautiful green & crackle! <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how i LOVE this mixed media masterpiece! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhh I love the crackle and the pop of the red birds against the wreath!
    Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mimi, love this tag, the crackled wreath is amazing and the perfect perch for your colorful birds.
    I also love the detail of the snow on your greeting, what a lovely idea.
    Awesome tag, my dear.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete