Oh my goodness, people. We are in the middle of December.
But that's cool, because we are in the thick of crafting heaven-- no shortage of reasons to craft! Over at Shopping Our Stash, or hostess, Chris, is saying, "Let's play tag!" She is encouraging the folks of the online craft community to create a tag! Whether you make a stand-alone tag or place a tag on a larger project, the choice is yours! So get into your stashiest-stash items and come play tag with us!
Here's my tag:
- Library card base associated with a Christmas book (bonus points!). I just snipped the corners with scissors and dipped it once in Antique Linen DOx, which is the newest thing on this tag.
- The wreath was made last year or the year before from a wood piece coated with Tim Holtz's Distress Crackle Paste in Picket Fence. (I wish they still sold that stuff.)
- The wreath was then inked with Peeled Paint Distress Stain (very stashy-- seldom use my stains... and even here, it was used on this project at least a year ago...)
- The Stickles used for the berries on the wreath is now gone. It was my first Stickles ever, called Xmas Red. I really need to replace it.
- The birds were from an SEI packet from at least 5 years ago called Winter Song.
- Baker's twine from my jar of ribbon snippets.
- The wooden "cheer" was from Michael's last year or the year before. I added Aleene's Snow paste, purchase a few years ago, to the tops of the wreath and the word.
I do love the look of this. It pretty much all came from my Christmas box, in a small abused plastic baggie!
Come play tag with us at SOS! For inspiration, drop by my teammates' blogs!