I made about eight backgrounds last week for tags for coworkers, and I'm chipping away to make them finished products. Here's one of them:
Supplies and notes:
- Library catalog card base coated with Teresa Collins modeling paste through Tim Holtz's Poinsettia stencil
- Lindy's Stamp Gang Moonshadow Mist in Ethereal Emerald sprayed generously on the background
- Tim's Photobooth finds. I snipped this boy out and smeared Distress alcohol ink mixative in Gold plus blending solution across the image for the vintage appearance and edged it with Frayed Burlap DI to conceal the white edges.
- Image mounted on old green cardstock, edged with Forest Moss DI, then wiped with a baby wipe. This softened the paper enough to make it appear thicker, like a true mounting board. The image was adhered directly to the cardstock, and the cardstock was popped up with 3M adhesive foam.
- Tim's Metallic Stickers in Holiday added. I always add a little Glossy Accents to them to ensure they will stay on my more mixed-media backgrounds. I also snipped this one to give the banner-look.
- Tim's mini greenery dies used to cut Tim's metallic craft-core paper. These bits sucked under the frame.
- Jingle bells from my stash just hot-glued and held upside down so they still jingle!
That's it for this guy!
I'll share him at the following challenges:
- Try It On Tuesday: Twinkle-twinkle... This Lindy's spray is incredibly shimmery, and of course the metallic craft-core plus the bells could not be shinier!
- City Crafter: Hats... I don't know where this boy got his hat... but I love little boys in hats that look like grown-man hats!
- Happy Little Stampers, December Christmas Challenge:
A beautiful project, the backgrounds look gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.ReplyDelete
A lovely project.ReplyDelete
Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY:
Have a wonderful week
A fantastic texture on this AMAZING project ! This is a wowser! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!ReplyDelete
Wow! What gorgeous texture and I love how you aged the photo! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! ChrisxReplyDelete
Love how you’ve used the stencil to add so much texture to your card. Really fabulous! Thanks for playing at the HLS Christmas Challenge.ReplyDelete
This is a different take on the challenge - and a beautiful vintage-style piece. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.ReplyDelete
Beautiful Christmas card. I love the extra dimension added thanks to stencil. An amazing project.ReplyDelete
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.
Regards, BożenA DT HLS.