Sunday, December 10, 2017

Joy, hope, & tinsel

Fun phrase!  It sounded really cute while I was having a cocktail yesterday... but it's still cute, right?

...just another tag I completed yesterday for coworkers... this one probably ought to go on a bottle of something...



I am having trouble covering up these backgrounds... looking at this now, I am thinking the saying could have been spread out a little more instead of scrunched at the bottom... but then it might cover the glorious poinsettias!

Supplies:
  • Library catalog card base coated with Teresa Collins modeling paste through Tim Holtz's Poinsettia stencil
  • Dylusions spray in Vibrant Turquoise sprayed generously on the background.
  • DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush wiped loosely around the card, then I added it more heavily in the center of the poinsettias to accent the flowers.  LOVE the way this background turned out... makes my heart, like, burst.  Swooony-swoon...
  • Tim's Photobooth finds.  I snipped this woman out and smeared Distress alcohol ink mixative in Gold plus blending solution across the image for the vintage appearance and edged it with Frayed Burlap DI to conceal the white edges.
  • Image popped up with 3M adhesive foam.
  • Tim's Metallic Stickers in Holiday added.  I always add a little Glossy Accents to them to ensure they will stay on my more mixed-media backgrounds.
  •  Gold tinsel trim from The Dollar General last year hot-glued to bottom.
I'd like to share this one at the following challenges:



5 comments:

  1. Mimi I love those gorgeous turquoise and gold poinsettias in the background of your tag and I think the sentiment placement is just perfect. Great job! Thanks so much for sharing your creation at the Watercooler Wednesday "Feminine" challenge this week. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi, what gorgeous colours you've used for your tag! Love that deep turquoise and gold. The gold is especially effective in the centres of the poinsettias. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag.Love the texture on the background. Amazing background. I love it. Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Gift It challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally see why you wouldn't want to cover the background. Those poinsettias are so pretty. Love the colors. Turquoise and gold loo so pretty together. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations mixed media challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. really like your tag!!!! Lucky coworkers! thanks for playing along with us at the STAMPloratinos Mixed Media challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete