Hello crafters. Thank you for stopping by this December Tuesday.
This week at Shopping Our Stash we are encouraging patrons to create a project using pink. The challenge is called, "Gah! Pink!" as a nod to a former SOS force, Leslie Hanna, who detested the color pink. Leslie passed away a few years back, and while I never got to know her, I can tell by the people who did that she was a very special lady with a terrific sense of humor and camaraderie... and a dislike for pink. Leslie: this goes out to you.
- A stashed Samsung watch box coated selectively with Teresa Collins modeling pasted through a Heidi Swamp stencil.
- The box was then painted with Distress Paint in Antique Linen and drizzled generously with Distress Paint in Picked Raspberry.
- Once dry, the texture was rubbed with Deco Art Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush and topped with Aleene's glitter snow.
- The tree was originally a Tim Holtz natural bottlebrush tree, purchased a couple years ago. I have hoarded these, and finally used one for this project! I snipped the base off with wire cutters and sprayed the tree with Dylusions spray in Vibrant Turquoise. I then drilled a hole in the top of the box and inserted the tree, fixing it with hot glue.
- The baubles from Tim Holtz's Ideaology were selectively inked with Distress Pink Sherbert Alcohol Ink. These were affoxed with hot glue.
- Aleene's glitter snow added to the tree. Really looks like the vintage little bottlebrush yes we used to have on the house as children.
- The paper doll from Tim's original collection was finished months ago for a project that never took flight-- I didn't do anything to get for this project besides add the star to her hand.
- The star was in a gem box my sister have to my girls a few holidays back.
- Previously, she had some Stickles added, and it looks like Tim's flowers were inked with Worn Lipstick DI and attached.
Can't believe how perfect she is adding a star to the tree... see why shopping one's stash is so satisfying?!
Please join us with something pink at Shopping Our Stash challenge thus week.