Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Gah! PINK!

Hello crafters. Thank you for stopping by this December Tuesday.  

This week at Shopping Our Stash we are encouraging patrons to create a project using pink.  The challenge is called, "Gah! Pink!" as a nod to a former SOS force, Leslie Hanna, who detested the color pink.  Leslie passed away a few years back, and while I never got to know her, I can tell by the people who did that she was a very special lady with a terrific sense of humor and camaraderie... and a dislike for pink.  Leslie: this goes out to you.  






As you can see, there are all kinds of pink stash here. 

Supplies:

  • A stashed Samsung watch box coated selectively with Teresa Collins modeling pasted through a Heidi Swamp stencil.
  • The box was then painted with Distress Paint in Antique Linen and drizzled generously with Distress Paint in Picked Raspberry.
  • Once dry, the texture was rubbed with Deco Art Metallic Lustre in Gold Rush and topped with Aleene's glitter snow.
  • The tree was originally a Tim Holtz natural bottlebrush tree, purchased a couple years ago. I have hoarded these, and finally used one for this project!  I snipped the base off with wire cutters and sprayed the tree with Dylusions spray in Vibrant Turquoise.  I then drilled a hole in the top of the box and inserted the tree, fixing it with hot glue.
  • The baubles from Tim Holtz's Ideaology were selectively inked with Distress Pink Sherbert Alcohol Ink. These were affoxed with hot glue.
  • Aleene's glitter snow added to the tree. Really looks like the vintage little bottlebrush yes we used to have on the house as children.
  • The paper doll from Tim's original collection was finished months ago for a project that never took flight-- I didn't do anything to get for this project besides add the star to her hand.
  • The star was in a gem box my sister have to my girls a few holidays back.
  • Previously, she had some Stickles added, and it looks like Tim's flowers were inked with Worn Lipstick DI and attached.
Can't believe how perfect she is adding a star to the tree... see why shopping one's stash is so satisfying?!

Please join us with something pink at Shopping Our Stash challenge thus week.

6 comments:

  1. Super 3D creation, beautiful job and tribute to Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! This is all sorts of amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah pink is definitely a mood. Love how you used it here over my fav stencil. What a stunning box! Merry Christmas my friend, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love
    EVERY.
    SINGLE.
    THING.
    about this glorious pink masterpiece!!!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink isn't my favorite, but it has grown on me. And after a long time with focus mainly on Christmas makes it seems January us my pink month every year. This box is a true delight and a treasure. I hope you're having an enjoyable Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHA!!!!
    This is super freakin awesome!!
    I can't stop looking at it / admiring it!!!

    ReplyDelete