Supplies and notes:
- I ran a library card through the Cuttlebug in a Darice folder-- both from Autumn. This was done on my first session with these goodies...
- The following stains were used:
Iced Spruce, Brushed Pewter, and Vintage Photo
- The acetate oceanlife pictures were from an old K & Company set. They have a terrific copper sheen to them.
- I added drops of Mod Podge Dimension Magic to look like little bubbles
- Oh, I also edged the card with Gathered Twigs and another green inkpad... the name escapes me at the moment.
- I've had terrible luck with cheesecloth... I've tried it alone, with paints, with glues... with blah results. The netting here is a wonderful alternative! It was a sort of ribbon on a present, and it had silver strands woven into it. I cut a piece, pulled out the silver strands, and glued it to the back of the card with Mod Podge. As I was trying to speed the drying of the glue with a heat gun, I discovered that it was melting the plastic in an awesome way. I had to stop myself before I reduced it all to a little toxic plastic glob... but it's so fun to watch it curl and melt!
I plan to enter this into the following challenges:
- Tuesday Throwdown #276: Add Dimension: We have here some embossed dimension, some netting dimension, and some bubble dimension!
- Shopping Our Stash # 234: Something New: I read their challenge rules, but I didn't see anything against adding two projects to the linky. My NEWness comes from the new (to me) craft-machine and embossing folder... plus, now I have new skills! :)