This was another project that began as a "playing card"-- like, I was just messing around. Now that it is a complete project, I will enter it into the following challenges, both of which inspired a wintry-make:
- Clear It Out: Theme: Winter, Stash: Add a snowflake
- Dutch Card Lovers: Let It Snow
- Library card base with Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress Stains
- Tim Holtz StampAnon Holiday Knit stencil with Theresa Collins Modeling paste. Once dry, I wiped my finger in some Spun Sugar Distress Paint and rubbed it heavily over the card.
- The woooden snowflake was built using Handmade Modern (from Target) wood pieces
- The sentiment was written out on strips of a library card with some old letter stamps from Target dabbed in Broken China Distress Ink. After the words were cut how I wanted them, I quickly dabbed them with Spun Sugar Distress Ink
- The seam binding is old but not vintage-old... I dipped the end into Broken China Distress Stain and fixed it with a pink brad
- Scattered a few sequins, and voila!
Look at that yummy background! I really like the way you did the topper on this one, this is great!ReplyDelete
I do that too, some projects are made over the course of time. And sometimes I have to have new stuff on my desk for a few months, waiting for inspiration to kick in and admiring the goodies at the same time. I like your idea of adding ink to the ribbon, cool effect!ReplyDelete