Sunday, January 3, 2016

HLS CASE Challange


There's a new challenge in the Blogosphere: Happy Little Stampers: CASE the Designer.  I haven't CASE'd much, but I also don't back down from a challenge easily!  Here's my simple CASE:



We've been assigned the task of CASEing Kylie Purtell's colorful card:

 
Hmmm... Don't mind the alignment...grrr...

Supplies and notes:
  • Such a cool card-- hard to do it justice!  
  • I had this card's image in my mind when I came across some DP that the mastermind of Snapping Monsters, Andrea, sent last month... she is an amazing artsy chick, and also an incredibly thoughtful human.  She dug through her stuff and sent bird paper.  Uh, bird-nerd here.  I love it all.  Anyway, the colors of this particular sheet seemed like the muted colors of this card.  Boom. Selected.
  • I flipped Kylie's LO, used a Fiskars punch on the corner(s), edged it all with Color Box Chalk in Creamy Brown, and sprayed with Tim's Distress Spray in Picket Fence.  And sprayed again.  And again.  Did not get the splattery effect I wanted.  That's fine. I went another direction. In order to balance the sentiment (which I'd stamped with MementoLuxe in black with a Tim stamp), I inked the Stamp-Anon Honeycomb stencil with black, spritzed that sh!t, and pressed it to the corner.  Subtle but effective.
Simple card... I feel a little guilty that it's so simple, but I tried adding rhinestones, sequins, studs... nothing matched the weight of this, so I left it alone.


3 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS! You did more with this piece of paper than I ever would've thought of and I love how you "know when to say when" (a skill I am still developing). It is simply perfect without rhinestones, sequins or studs. You nailed this and I really dig how you displayed it, too. Thanks for the inspiration, the kudos, and for calling me a mastermind. I should quote you on that and have my mom stitch it onto a pillow-- she does love hand-work and that nickname made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so very pretty. I love how you created such a fantastic background and also changed the orientation of the card. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CTD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful! A wonderful CASE of Kylie's card! Thanks so much for joining the HLS January CASE challenge.

    ReplyDelete