This card was made for my BFF who got engaged on xmas! Wheee! It is also an appropriate card to celebrate the new year. Below the card is the sketch I used, courtesy of Retro Sketches:
Supplies and notes:
- Being BFFs with someone allows certain, shall we say, privileges... such as being a collaborator on Pinterest boards regarding WEDDINGS!!! AHHHHH! I stayed up LATE late late last night pinning, pinning, pinning. Well, the BFF loves all things nautical, and her to-be apparently loves the Patriots. (I know the guy, and I knew he was a Dodger fan, but the Patriots-themed things she was pinning threw me for a funky loop...) Anyway, so that's where I "married" (ahahaha) Patriots colors with the nautical theme, and Authentique paper SAVED THE DAY. Blue anchors on one side, red + white stripes on the other. Ohhh sweetnessss.
- The white-ish paper is Core'dinations white cardstock painted with Antique Linen Distress Paint and Tarnished Brass Distress Stain. The Authentique pieces got the same treatment.
- The anchor came from the auction in my parent's town... it was this plastic piece that had set in the sun for eons... the gold had faded to a drab green-gray plastic, so I treated it with some Liquid Leaf
- The twine was from the Michael's cheapie bins... score!!!
- The stamp is from a set I bought for my girls last xmas from Target... the Handmade Modern brand. I stamped it with Tim Holtz's Distress Embossing Ink and used Ranger EP in Princess Gold (ordered from The Funkie Junkie Boutique... visit, people: I am hecka frugal, and her prices are highly competitive and the service is terrific!) It was stamped on vellum.
- The sentiment is Tim Holtz, stamped with the EP above