- This was one of my very-first-ever experiments with a die-cut/embossing machine (read my post HERE about my gift from Autumn)
- I used a Darice embossing folder (from Autumn) on a library card with awesome results... I wasn't sure how that would go... well, it went fabulously.
- I used Aged Mahogany, Spiced Marmalade, and Tarnished Brass Distress Stains in a puddle on the craft mat, along with a few squirts of high-quality H20... yummy results
- The book stamps and the saying are from a Crafty Secrets stamp set (from Autumn) inked in MementoLuxe
- Once dry, Distress Crackle in Clear Rock Candy was painted over the books. I decided to do this after multiple craft sessions in which I couldn't decide how I should finish the books. I chose to use crackle after I had the notion that these old books look like the leather-bound volumes of old. Don't you think they elicit that feeling? And the clear just accentuates-- it doesn't detract from the color. I think actually because of the nature of Distress Stains, the Clear Rock Candy brought out a little bit of the color... must investigate this...
- The ribbon was from the ol' stash
I plan to enter this cutie into the following challenges: