...and here's the Rustic Winter inspiration image:
Supplies & notes:
- I cut off the name of the teal wood DP... oh well, I was glad I found this scrap! I cut the paper into "boards" (hahaha), edged them with Tim Holtz's Distress Stain in Vintage, then kind of wiped it. Then I roughly painted the edges with Mod Podge and sprinkled it with the Stampendous Frantage in Aged Gold... then cooked it over my toaster...
- I made the star out of pine needles and floral wire. First I painted it with Frayed Burlap Distress Paint , then wiped Vintage Photo Distress Stain onto it, then dabbed it with Tarnished Brass stain.
- Tim Holtz's adage tags wiped with Vintage Photo (dried, wiped, dried...)
- The tattered banner in the background started out as boring parchment... I pretty much wiped it with Vintage Photo... then it for all crumply, so I sealed the deal by wiping the extra stain (with water) of my craft mat with it!
- I cut a "regular" shaped leaf into a holly-shaped leaf and dabbed it with some Aged Gold stain
- Holly berries are Viva Paper Pearls
- I have a super old tiny leaf punch from my BF's first wedding (haha, best thing to come from that marriage)
- I sprayed the whole thing with Perfect Pearls gold mist
Ahhh, I dabbled for a long time on this one... it definitely looks rustic to me. This challenge was inspiring. :)