Saturday, November 28, 2015

Mod Squad!

I love the name of this challenge because a child of mine is named Maude. Haha, I always think, " Yeah! MAUDE SQUAD!"



Anywho, this is my entry for the Mod Squad Challenge: Xmas Floral.

Supplies:
  • Duh: library card base
  • Splattered base with Aged Mahogany and Peeled Paint Distress Stains, with a little smooshing in between...
  • The ribbon is vintage seam binding and the brad is from my stash
  • The pearls are Liquid Pearls in Gold Pearl to match the brad 
  • The image is from the cover page of an Anna Griffin paper pack from years ago called "Calico Christmas"
  • I painted the image with Tim's Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy. I have to say: sometimes the Clear Rock Candy gives a disappointing finish-- like,  it goes too opaque.  
  • I edged the tag and image with Antiqued Bronze Distress Stain. Actually,  before I added the edge on the tag, I filed it with a nail file to draw in more bronze stain.

4 comments:

  1. I like the finish of this card, it looks aged. And you did in fact use some old elements too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Library card! Of course! where do you get those things! I love your tag! Beautiful colors and clever use of the cover page! A girl after my own heart--use what you have! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty tag, I love cutting the cardboard pad covers and using them too. Such pretty colors on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your adorable tag, and your splattering! Very festive. Thanks for playing along in our Mod Squad Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete