Sunday, November 8, 2015

Funkiest Junkie Tag Numero Dos

Here's my creation for The Funkie Junkie 12 Tags, #2:




(Pardon all the images... I couldn't decide which I liked best! )

It was inspired by the black and gold of Linda's tag:

Supplies:
  • I just love Mary... she was stamped (generic stamp from Michael's) on old music paper using a generic black pad.  The music paper already had some gold Texture-luxe smoothed onto it,  probably from another project.   I added some Mercury Glass Stickles to emphasize Mary's glow.
  • I used an old library catalog card for the background. I used a Martha Stewart stripes stencil over the card and ran some gold Texture-luxe through it, and after it dried I sprayed it with some black distress stain. After that dried, I used some Peeled Paint Distress Stain along the edges. I reapplied the stencil and used a baby wipe to wipe the gold clean.
  • I made the little banner using scraps of the sheet music that have some good overspray on it, then I decorated the whole card with some Viva paper pearls in anthracite.
  • I used some black hemp twine just for a nice, rustic tassel

3 comments:

  1. I really, really love this awesome layered tag! The gold streaks are perfect and the banner is amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great rustic look! I'm so bad at making tags and I'm no good at taking a piece of this and that, put it together and make it look interesting rather than messy. This goes into the category of interesting, not messy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! Love the ultra distressed look you achieved and the madonna is absolutely gorgeous! I think it's wonderful that you stamped it on the gold streaked music paper. Fabulous tag - thanks so much for sharing it with all my visitors for 12 Tags of Christmas challenge.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete