Thursday, November 19, 2015

Just Us Girls #319

I was so excited about this week's challenge at Just Us Girls-- watercolor!




Here is their challenge image:

Supplies & notes:
  • I'd been wanting to emboss and then paint this stamp for a while,  so here was my opportunity!  I used Tim Holtz's embossing ink with clear Custer's Last Stamp embossing powder on watercolor paper
  • I used my "fancy" (compared to my kids' Crayola sets) Loew Cornell watercolors... had this set since college
  • After the flowers were painted,  the stamp was used on a piece of scrap, then fussy-cut to create a mask for the flowers. Then the tap-speckle method was used to create the droplets (you know: extra water on your brush... tap it onto the paper...) I used blues for the sky-speckles, then added green near the ground.
  • Tore the edges, and did the same with my mounting paper (Core'dinations). After I did that,  I thought it made the card look a little 80s... I might have preferred it with crisp lines.
Have to say: the family liked this one a lot.  :) I know what I'm going to use this for: my close friend who has been battling breast c. for over a year is beginning yet another phase of the process in two weeks. This will be one of my "Thinking of you" notes as she recovers. 


3 comments:

  1. This is so soft and delicate, you really did a great job with this one, non fussy, yet detailed and decorative...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza
    your water coloring is beautiful Mimi
    love the image you have choosen
    I always struggle at making cards with flower Image
    but you did it so beautifully
    Mimi do you like working with DIGI Images
    I have new etsy shop please look at my tab at the top part of my blog
    choose one image you like
    and we can work together
    I will put your card and post on my post and you do too
    and maybe some of my follower will visit you if you dont mind
    just reply me to monik1973(at)yahoo(dot)com Mimi
    I love your creativity
    hugs
    Monika and happy sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and pretty and perfect in pink. So glad you got to join us at Just Us Girls last week. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete