In reality, this tag has been in the works for over a month, as they often are. It started taking form, however, on Saturday when I added the nurse from an old Childcraft book. (I know-- many people think that is terrible, so in case any of you are gasping, let me calm you by saying I've rescued and repaired more books than anyone in my town, besides the handful of retired librarians! It's all good!)
Anyway, this will go to a friend of mine who is an RN and a kick-a$$ mom. I just saw this nurse with the thermometer and these words just came to mind! Don't get me wrong: I am definitely a parent who worries (a lot, my kids would say) and feels concern when my kids get hurt-- heck, I still cry when my teen gets hit with a pitch!-- but there are occasions where someone's whining about a stubbed toe and I spit out a tired, "You're fine..." It's mom-language.
- Library card base sprayed with Dylusions spray in Lemon Zest, then Distress Spray in Black Soot through a Heidi Swapp stencil
- The trim at bottom is from a sale rack at Michael's 3+ years ago
- Accented the stencil with Stickles in Black Diamond
- Sentiment typed with the old typewriter then dipped into a pool of Black Soot, diluted. I also outlined the words with a Sharpie because they weren't bold enough-- they were getting lost
- The black hemp twine is from my stash and the yellow bead (I presume) came from my daughter's craft box... I had picked it up last week and it was right there, ready to be used