Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Brown Sugar #171: Tag, You're It!

I love making tags.  I almost always use an old library card... I love the way they look, and I love that I'm re-using something that otherwise would just turn to dust!

Here's my latest:



I'm entering it into the Brown Sugar Challenge #171: Tag, You're It.   I also ought to add that while adding embellishments to brads is nothing new,  Andrea at Snapping Monsters made tags (superior to this) but the same idea,  and she called them "Swing Tags"... you should go look at hers... talk about inspiring.  Anyway, I recalled her tags as I was making mine and want to give her a shout-out.

Supplies and notes:

  • The flower and tag die-cuts are from an old Crate Paper pack. I edged both with Tim's Vintage Photo stain, dabbed with a blending tool. 
  • Ribbon and brad from my stash
  • The card was painted with Tim's Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy, then once dry I brushed it with some Vintage Photo Distress Stain, then wiped it with a baby wipe
  • Painted the edges with Mod Podge, then added the following Stampendous EP's: Stamp-n Stuff in Red Tinsel and Frantage in Aged Gold... then, that's right: I cooked it over my toaster. I did make a tiny show off effort to grab my heat gun, but then I thought,  "Forget that!" and set the toaster

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, every aspect is beautiful. This is wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using this printed flower from a scrap pack is brilliant - love that you aged it so beautifully! Now, for this background... WOW!!! How very cool are all these textural layers!!! Oh my, ideas are flooding this old brain!!! (And it hurts - ha! jk) I am really loving watching you experiment on all these tags, so much fun to see your creative process. All I can say is - more pictures please! I so badly want this in my grubby little hands to inspect completely, but more pictures would be the closest thing. :) Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooww Mimi the Tim's Distress Crackle Paint in Clear Rock Candy really make your tag like I CAN EAT it
    I see it looks like candy or a honey looovee the look Mimi
    you are so creative
    I have so less time with two little boys also my tag always simple and not so much texture like yours
    I ADORE this Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the the queen of recycling, Mimi, that's for sure! Where did you get all these library cards? If I ever get across some I'll definitely grab them! They make fantastic tags!

    ReplyDelete