Monday, November 23, 2015

Hey, wanna see my dog?

This is my first entry into a Mod Squad Challenge, with the challenge being pattern your own paper.


And here's the rizzle-dizzle (real deal):


This is my husband's beloved hound,  Millie. She is a 3-year-old Treeing Walker Coonhound, which are used as hunting dogs, but not by us-- she's a pet.  She was found abandoned as a pup in the woods by one of my hubs' colleagues, and hubs fell in dog-love. These pix are all action shots from today, taken over the span of 5 minutes!  Hubs is working in the woods with her... isn't she cute?

Here's the stamp (please note the chew marks-- so funny [kind of]-- when Millie was young,  she got into my stamps and chewed a few up,  including the first stamp I ever carved.  When she got to this stamp of her pretty face,  she only nibbled the edge... is that amazing? What a brat!):


Supplies and notes:
  • This is the second stamp I've ever carved and it is by far the best of mine. I carved it using my first SU! kit. 
  • I embossed the stamp using Tim Holtz's Distress embossing pad with green Stampendous embossing powder, which has a very nice silvery sheen which refuses to be caught on camera. 
  • The holly berries were made with a cut toothpick dipped into Fired Brick Distress paint 
  • I wrote the sentiment on a scrap piece of cardstock using a Zig Emboss Writer and Recollections embossing powder in Ebony. I edged it with Color Box chalk in charcoal.
*If you want to see another Millie-card, click HERE*

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'm so impressed that you have carved this image. It's perfect. And what a lovely dog. I'm a dog lover too, and I can appreciate how your hubs feels. I love how you have created a Christmas card using this image, well done! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe this! You are a carving master, my friend! WOW! And that she decided to forego her fun new chew toys when she saw a reflection - priceless! Ha ha ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made this stamp? I'm so impressed I can't find the words to describe it! Wow! Love your own made and very personal paper.

    ReplyDelete