Sunday, November 15, 2015

Simon Says: Monday... N... Nativity x 3

Wow,  brainstormed a bunch of words that begin with the letter N and got N-N-Nothing... until the eleventh hour!

Came across this picture I took last year of this magnificent Nativity scene... so I made a quick, cheesy card... but it somehow is sooo glorious...


Of course my darned paint pen was half-frozen and gooped all over...and yes, I know how to spelll "very"... verry welll!!! (VERRY...MERRY... I kinda wish I didn't do that...)

Let's see... how many Marys?  Josephs?  Wise men? And don't forget all the shepherd boys. And if you are really looking, there's a bit of a philosophical conundrum: adult Jesus watching over Baby Jesus... I call it the Multinativity! It is fabulous!


If any of you express interest in this kitsch, I'll post the angel... hahaha... she was watching over it all... kind of...

Now I'll post at Simon Says Stamp: Monday and check out what the really creative people came up with...

2 comments:

  1. This is a card that's unique, I'm sure you'll never find one alike:) using photos for cards is something I've never done, great idea! I love to travel and I take many photos, so I've probably got many I could use, in combo with images or not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to swing on by and tell you how much I enjoyed your post and project! I am one part crafty and two parts nerdy and the nerdiness is mostly in the literature realm. I have an appreciation for art and an appreciation for witty writing and you NAILED IT on all counts! Your post had me chuckling to the point that my husband thought I was having some sort of medical episode. But I got a total kick out of the way you wrote this post! And the whole "verry" spelling still has me smiling (see? Nerdy spelling girl right here, so I totally appreciated it). And the philosophical conundrum was a hoot! So suffice it to say, I admire talented crafters and talented writers and it made me giddy to see this all in one post. Your card is really amazing, so I guess your definition of "quick and cheesy" must be equivalent to my definition of "awesome and then some." I thought it was brilliant of you to use your own photo for your card and the photo itself tells a lot about you and what you appreciate in this crazy old world of ours. It takes a special person to find beauty in a multinativity and I thought the whole thing was genius! LOVED this so much and wanted to thank you for sharing it with you for our Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete