Sunday, November 8, 2015

HLS: November Xmas Challenge

I missed last month's Happy Little Stampers XMAS challenge, but I'm going for it in November!

Here's my little project:


(Look how awesomely chunky!!!)

...made for the current HLS challenge:


Supplies and notes:
  • As usual,  I began with an old library catalog card and added a swath of BasicGrey paper down the center,  pre-painted with Tim Holtz's Distress Paint in Victorian Velvet 
  • I added some old sheet music, and though I use sheet music often,  it is so holiday-ish to me!  I daubed it also with Victorian Velvet 
  • I painted some of Tim's grungeboard letters with Mod Podge then added some broken glass glitter.
  • I dashed a little Tim Holtz Distress stain in Brushed Pewter over over various parts of the tag then added some Stickles in Mercury Glass around the edge of the tag
  • The pink ribbon as well as the sparkly stuff is Martha Stewart
  • Note: I considered adding sequins and buttons or anything to embellish the tag a little bit, but it just seemed to look silly so I left it simple.

3 comments:

  1. The coolest! Love the Victorian Velvet with this BG paper and the chunky glitter! All amazing, all my favorite things! Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the old library card. The music score is indeed very festive for the Christmas season, and liked the glitter of the sentiment...so pretty. TFS joining in with the November HLS Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card... from the colors to the XMAS drizzled in GOLD.Thanks for joining us a Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge LesLee xx

    ReplyDelete