Thursday, November 19, 2015

Golden Feathers

This is a card I could have worked on for hours... the possibilities were endless! I settled in the interest of posting in the next hundred years, but truly should have made two at once,  just to have the extras around to play with in the future.



(All the same card... I just could not get a good image!  I went into my daughter's room to see if her lighting was better-- with the scrap-shack almost complete,  I'm already envisioning a corner dedicated to a homemade light box!)
I am entering this into three challenges: Clear It Out and Creative Corner... both are hosting a black+white+(one color) challenge. My additional color is clearly yellow gold. I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday, after I realized I was heading that direction!

Here's the Sketch Saturday sketch:

Supplies :

  • Stampendous Frantage in Aged Gold applied with Tim Holtz Distress embossing ink 
  • Creative Imaginations DP and Core'dinations cardstock 
  • Feather rub-ons... (didn't store in original packaging...)
  • Liquid Leaf in classic gold for splatters on black cardstock 
  • Studs by Jolee's Boutique 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the gold here!!! Yes, gold is difficult to photograph but I think you did a fab job~love the way you used that sketch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making several versions of the same card is probably something I should be doing, I spend so much time moving bits and pieces around before I make up my mind on what I like the most. I could probably make two, even three cards, in this time. I love this one, it's so beautiful with all that gold detailing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimi...cool.gold effect on your card..lovely used the scetch and I love golden feathers..do you know Happy Little Stamper ask for gilding?..your card us perfect..look at my first post...I put the link there :)

    ReplyDelete