Sunday, November 22, 2015

1st and 5th...

This is my first entry into a Tuesday Throwdown challenge, and my fifth entry into an Addicted to CAS :



The theme for TT is "Shopping Spree," to be interpreted any way participants choose. I just so happened to go on a craft shopping-spree before I read about the challenge! I went to a few chain stores just to replenish items (black ink, kraft cards, and clear EP--I have two clear EP'S and they just get speckled over time...). Of course I can't walk by sale stickers without stopping or leaving without some paper or a Tim Holtz ink product... Here's the loot:


It's Addicted To CAS's 3rd birthday! Their current challenge code word is "dimension." I think this card has great dimension, what with the background,  then wires, then popped-up focal point.


OPINION POLL: I was so close to buying an embossing/ cutting machine while shopping,  but I think I'll hold out and ask for the one I truly want for Xmas. Any input?  I'm leaning towards a Sizzix Big Shot for my entry-level machine...

Anyway, here are supplies and notes about this entry:
  • (New stuff used from my spree: the wire, stamp, and EP)
  • The wire is Darice
  • "Rad" stamp by Recollections, and the stripes are SU!
  • Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Embossing Pad with Recollections EP in Clear
  • Tim Holtz Distress stain in Broken China over the "Rad", and Chipped Sapphire for the stripes


8 comments:

  1. CAS, clever and so striking.
    Thanks for sharing and playing along in our birthday challenge at ATCAS.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi,

    Oh how I envy you your free-spirit with this card, its so utterly FUN! The brilliant blue grabs the eye and you have so much texture in this too! I can't walk by sales either. Your wire is perfect, I have reclaimed my Mr's used guitar strings a few times too :) They don't behave as well as wire, but still.


    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl what a loot! Love this awesome card. Need to CaSE this for my boy birthday cards. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Effective and cool CAS design!
    I've got a Big Shot myself and I'm very happy with it. You can use embossing folders and dies with this machine. It's simple to use. I might invest in a Silhouette as well in time, but I do like the quick process with a manual machine and there are so many fun dies!
    While thinking and waiting you might ask me to send you some to play with:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, it has great dimension! The wrapped twine, the edges of the sentiment bubble and the colors! Fabulous card. So glad you joined us for our birthday celebrations at Addicted to CAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete