Sunday, November 1, 2015

12 Tags of Xmas, Week 1

Finally!   I have been wanting to participate in this challenge...

Here's 1 of 12:



It was inspired by this post at the The Funkiest Junkie:



Supplies & notes:

  • I took inspiration from the fairly quick background: I matched colors by using Tim's Peeled Paint Distress Stain with Faber Castell Gold Texture-luxe.  I used the Texture-luxe through a Martha Stewart stencil. I then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls gold mist. I edged it with Tim's Vintage Photo Distress Ink
  • Vintage red seam binding bow
  • Vintage sheet music with "To:" in Zig Emboss Writer and Stampendous embossing powder in Red Tinsel... I then dabbed it a little with Tim's Distress Stain in Antique Bronze

4 comments:

  1. Golds and reds, can't go wrong with it! I don't know why, I struggle making tags, probably due to the small space. But this year my goal is to make all my gift tags myself. I'd better get started...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love these origami frogs in the background and the intenseness of this paste! Love the green with the white along the edges and the bow just sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to The 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style! I'm delighted to have you joining in the fun the year. Your tag came out gorgeous. Love the background you created with the text. And the colors are wonderful! Great first entry. Can't wait to see further entries.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag - your colors are stunning and that pop of deep red just makes it sing! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete