Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Stamps #108

This card is the first creative product to come from my overdue craft-shopping-spree that happened yesterday... I could not resist the Marion Smith paper. Had to work with it! 



I'm entering this card into the 108th Sunday Stamps Challenge, and this week the challenge is the following sketch:


So, I made a boo-boo and made my card too big for the envelope I wanted to use. Sure, I could have used almost any other envelope out of my literally hundreds, but noooo... I had to be a stubborn-a$$... So I chomped the front edge.  Then it looked funky when closed, so I added some Smash Washi. Cuter. But I'm still frustrated that I... Sigh. I need to let it go, haha! (I'm thinking I can't be the only crafter that regrets a crafting decision now and then)...

Supplies:
  • Marion Smith paper and Core'dinations paper
  • Thickers and Cosmo Cricket letters (kind of loosely placed... Imperfect, which is my FAVE)
  • Smash Washi tape
  • Viva Liquid Pen in Anthracite (can you see the pearls all over?)
  • Color Box Chalk pad in Blackbird 
I hope everyone gets to craft this week! Cheers!



6 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love your background paper and I think that the edge looks really cool! :) Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some really fabulous designer paper! I can relate with occasional boo-boos with my card making as well. I'd say you reconciled the error in a great way! The zig zag edge is a creative border...love it! So glad to meet another crafter/oiler combo - lol! I'm itching to find some stamps that are related to oils and even spoke to a designer (who is also an oil lover) and begged her to create some oil bottles and fun sentiments (I even gave her suggestions). I've got my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you let those gorgeous papers make a statement on this card by putting them together into this beautiful pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Great mix of fun patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Mimi! BTW, you left a comment on my blog during a Stamp Simply Ribbon Store Blog Hop and your name was chosen to win your choice of one of the 4 sets we were featuring that day! Be sure to check this post for instructions on claiming your prize!! http://notimetostamp.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2015/08/22/thank-you-by-holly-mcmillen-blog-candy-winners/ ~ Congrats! Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the design on the front and the bottom edge looks super cool! I make mistakes ALL the time and freak out about them but my hubby and kids will say what mistake, it looks fine LOL We are our harshest critics!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete