Thursday, August 20, 2015

VLV: August, week 2

After this card, I will be two-for-two in completing all of the Viva challenges this month-- which in itself is a challenge!

I was the lucky lucky winner of MOJO Monday's latest contest with this card, and I already received my fabulous prize from Verve Stamps! (You can see from past cards that I am not a heavy stamper like many crafty bloggers, though I do dabble... Let me tell you: the quality of the clear stamps I received from Verve is second to none! Thick, sticky, great edges... I may be a blossoming stamper after all!) ☺

So, anyway... I chose Pink Power:


Unfortunately, most of us have a story about ourselves or a loved one who have or are currently battling... For me, it's one of the most amazing women I've ever known whose been fighting for over a year now, and while she's at the tail-end of the "big steps" of treatment, the thing is, really, it has changed her life forever. She'll keep up the fight for herself, but also for other women and the friends and families affected... Strength, support, hope... It continues forever.  So... When I saw this stamp set I thought about my friend, and I thought about our mutual friends and families and daughters, and I thought that this would be fun to use during October (Breast Cancer Awareness month) for notes and cards... Maybe reminders to perform checks!  I told my 12-year-old daughter what I'd use these stamps for, and she was like, "Really?! Oh my..." and I reminded her: EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES! So there.

And now I'm done!

Here is the second Viva La Verve Challenge of August:

And here is my contribution:


Supplies: 
  • Core'dinations paper
  • DCWV paper
  • Verve stamps
  • Wilton doily
  • Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists
  • Viva Liquid Pens in Anhracite... Polka dots on pink for a little dimension
  • Tim Holtz's Distress ink and embossing ink
  • Ranger Liquid Pearls in Petal Pink... Had to add a necklace to the bald battling beauty
  • Recollections embossing powder in Ebony




2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love a heartfelt card. And the pearl necklace on her neckline is a stroke of brilliance. So glad you're enjoying your new set. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Love the image and sentiment together, what a great take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete