Tuesday, August 4, 2015

JUG's Word Week: "Autumn"

I love the heat of summer, but FALL IS MY FAVORITE.  The sights,  smells, clothes, food.  Definitely was stoked about THIS CHALLENGE , thanks to Maria at JUGs!


Here is my attempt at summoning the feeling of fall... I mean AUTUMN... ahem...



I actually did some artsy sh*t here!  First of all,  the card was just a kraft card and I distressed it with Tim Holtz's daubers in soot and walnut.  Just ran them back and forth to elicit this almost wood-like look. I used Tim's Grungeboard letters for the word,  and used the same daubers for them, though more of the walnut. Also used some of the shimmery Ranger spray to add a goldy-sheen to the word.   I used scraps for the banner,  and I'm pretty sure they are all BasicGrey papers. The twine comes from my favorite crafting-gangster, Martha Stewart. Oh, the little studs in the lower corners are from Recollections.

I will almost definitely send this to my BF Sarah because she loves fall also... She always displays my dorky cards, and this one will go with her autumn-decor :-)

4 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Love your wonderful background and colorful banner. Your big sentiment was a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I love what you have done with the Distress Inks, that background and those letters are gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome banner card! Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete