Wednesday, August 5, 2015

MFT #240: un carte de postal...

Two things happened today that usually don't: I made a postcard and used French... bad French, probably.

One cool thing: I used a stamp made by my new niece's aunt... never met this person,  but my niece's mom brought me and the girls stamps made by her sister. Here is her Etsy site: Brown Pigeon.  Check it out. 


(This is a little picture I copied from her site of these cute little stamps...)

So, My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #240 is in full swing. It is another nice sketch. (I enjoy the MFT challenges!)  Here is the sketch for reference: 


And, ta-da, here is this sweet postcard:



My supplies:
  • The postcard came with a stamp-making kit from SU
  • The stamp is Brown Pigeon
  • October Afternoon letters
  • Tim Holtz's Distress embossing ink
  • Ranger clear embossing powder
  • My kids' Crayola watercolors... haha, they were accessible.  They worked. (I have a fancy watercolor set... need to bust it out, I guess... Or not...)
  • Scotch Washi (striped), and the other two Washis are generic
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Paint in black soot at the edges
Super cool. Plan to mail this to a friend who is on an assignment 3,500 miles from her kids... she is homesick. This will cheer her up. 



1 comment:

  1. I love all the pretty touches you added to your card! So pretty. Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete