Saturday, August 15, 2015

Oooh, a two-fer!!!

Thanks to the fabulous challenge community,  I am presenting a card for two-two- two challenges in one!

I was just looking through challenges this morning and decided to jump in to my supplies... well, I'm such a dingbat that I combined the challenges in my head and only realized I was double-challenging when I was taking pix to post!  (That either makes me super-smart or, uh, super-challenged [haha]!)

Here are links to the two challenges:







... and here she is:

 


I went for a more shabby-vintage look on this card. The clear crackle paint totally curled and aged the graphic, and also it made the little side-banners look aged, like black leather. Of course I couldn't get a shot to do the card justice! Rrrr. I really tried to show that the third layer (the picture) was aged but that the first two layers did lay flat.  I popped the little banners up with dimensional tape then added a heart to one, then tucked a matching heart under the curled top corner. 

This card is already addressed to our local veterinarian office... They are SO good to us!

Supplies:
  • Graphic 45 image
  • American Crafts paper
  • Tim Holtz's clear rock candy Distress Crackle Paint
  • Hearts from Jolee's Boutique
  • Color Box Chalk pads in creamy brown and alabaster



2 comments:

  1. I love the distressed, aged, artsy look to this! Brilliant job of combining the two challenges. thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cool effect you get with the clear crackle paint! What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete