Thursday, August 13, 2015

VLV: totally retro!

I think it must be the skewed little ribbon that made this sketch look retro to me from the start!  It totally reminds me of the 1950s... I wish I had some paper with the Starburst pattern like those antique plates my sister has!


And holy smokes: I just Googled that pattern and by some miracle I remembered the pattern name!  I was right!

Anyway, here's the sketch: 


And here is my retro-ish take!:



So, I feel like these pictures don't do the card justice... I hope someone reads this so you will appreciate what's happening here: I photocopied one of my grandma's old recipe cards onto vellum, then chalked the edges to make it look even more abused from years of baking.  I used the Zig Emboss Writer for the predictable sentiment, and used some blue embossing powder to match my grandma's pen.  The flowers are Prima, the black pearls are Viva Liquid Pen, and the enamel dots are MME. The paper was in my box of scraps... I think either October Afternoon or BasicGrey. I always feel guilty when I don't know!

Now go back and check out all of the cool August offerings at VIVA LA VERVE!

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun card! Love the sweet printed recipe card. And the colors and embellishments are wonderful. Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

    ReplyDelete