Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Mojo: tall 'n' skinny

I love tall and skinny week! Here is the cool sketch from the good people at Mojo Monday for Challenge #413:



And here is my tall and skinny card:


I don't know why, but when I looked at my supplies with the sketch in my head, I saw flowers hanging off of it... so I went from there. It's cool 'cause I'll just pop it into a normal envelope, and the recipient will still get the "full effect"-- rather than thinking they are getting a check or cash in one of those narrow money-cards (I ain't got no cash, haha!)

Supplies and notes:

  • I made the flowers using Glubers with actual party crepe streamers (cut in half then folded around), then added some Wilton flower stamens and popped a Marion Smith "Junque Gem" (or something like that... Don't know, but they are cute and were hella expensive!: like $3 for 6 gems!) on each.
  • The "stripe" (behind the circles of the sketch) was made using Teresa Collins modeling paste over Tim Holtz's stripes stencil. It's kind of covered, but I ALWAYS like that extra detail barely peeking out. 
  • Then, to balance the flowers slightly hanging off, I tacked the cloudy card on part-way off.  After I rounded the corners with a Fishers punch, I enhanced the chevron clouds slightly by lightly painting accent on them with Ranger crackle. I also edged that card with Color Box platinum... Just lightly.
  •  I added some Liquid Pearls in gold and white, and then added some Tim Holtz Distress Paint in picket fence. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just love those shabby crepe paper flowers. So lovely! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete